“Ask God to use you in ways above and beyond your abilities and capacity. Be willing to move out of your comfort zone. Trade saving face for saving grace. . .. Your identity is never up for grabs. So go where He sends you.”- Susie Larson
“Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”- 2 Corinthians 9:10-22 (NIV)
Susie Larson concludes Chapter 9 of Closer Than Your Next Breath with five ways we walk out our call. Five common threads that bind us together in Christ.
1. Walk intimately with God. First and foremost, Susie exhorts, place a huge priority on your moment-by-moment walk with God. Above all, grow to enjoy and count on God’s presence more than anything else.
2. Stay in fellowship with godly friends. Discern whom God has appointed to walk closely with you during this season in the kingdom. Find fellow Christians who pray passionately, live purposefully, and earnestly desire more of God’s influence in your life.
3. Pray for and love the lost. On a daily basis, think about people who need to know Jesus. People who would absolutely love Jesus if only they knew Him.
4. Pray like you mean it. Become an audacious praying person. As a result, dare to stand on God’s promises and believe Him for great things.
5. Grow in the grace of giving. Finally, awaken to the divinely generous nature of God. Rather than live with a scarcity mindset. Because God supplies all our needs according to His riches. Not ours.
In conclusion, Susie counsels:
“God calls us not because He needs us; God calls us because every God-sized assignment reminds us how much we need Him. . . . He wisely equips and empowers us to accomplish that which He entrusts to us.”
Today’s question: What helps you trade saving face for saving grace? Please share.
Tomorrow’s blog: Prone to rehearse the missteps”